- Chris’s presentation on pitching was very valuable to our audience, academic environmental scientists. As one participant related, “Focus on you, not I (which is what academics often do!)
- Chris created a highly interactive session working on the key skills people must consider when attempting to convince an audience to act. Not only does Chris foster a mastery of the skills, but he does so in a manner that allows his students to have fun while practicing the craft
- Chris developed a well-proven, easy-to-use and flexible framework for creating pitches, and he helped each company improve its delivery in real time. Highly recommended!
- Chris’ communication course has made me a better and a more confident communicator. Using key concepts from Chris’ course, my emails are more concise and persuasive–doubling the response rate. And instead of dreading public speaking engagements, I actually look forward to them now
- Chris approaches communication from a totally different perspective than most scientists are used to. He taught us to shift from an information-oriented to an audience-focused communication style to better and communicate our value
I attended Chris’ workshop on persuasive email writing and the day after applied his simple scheme to ask for recommendation letters. Within an hour a Nobel laureate and the CSO of a company who has won an important prize from the White House replied, saying they would be happy to help me